Wednesday, January 18, 2012

January Group Run: "Resolution Solution"

Mike and Sherry hosted the January group run at the Dismal Swamp Bike/Run Path north of South Mills, NC.  Eleven or twelve people attended this run.  It appeared that everyone had a great time.

The morning started out cool at about 32 degrees F with a light westerly wind.  It didn't take long to warm up once you started running, though.  I found myself using the zipper on my jacket to regulate my temperature.  Overall, it was a very comfortable run.

I ran the first half with my wife, Sandy, and our friend Pam.  Too much breakfast made the first two and a half miles somewhat uncomfortable, but by the time we were approaching the Visitor's Center I was feeling much better.

After a quick stop at the Visitor's Center, we headed out on the return leg.  I decided to run this one at a quicker pace to see if my recent strength training had improved my running times.  I was happy to see that I was able to run between 8-8:30/mile pace somewhat comfortably.  This is at least a minute per mile faster than I would normally run, so I was pleasantly surprised and encouraged.




The February group run has already been planned and we will be running from Paul and Pam's house in Edenton. We're looking forward to the run, and the post-run chili.

No comments:

Post a Comment